We pray that you and your family are well and safe. Please know that we are constantly keeping you in our prayers. I wanted to give everyone an update on how we’ll be doing church for the next couple of weeks.
First of all, please know that you cannot cancel church, WE ARE THE CHURCH. Even though we are not physically together, it does not mean we are not and cannot still be united. We plan to continue doing church as we do; it’s just going to look different.
Here is what we have planned:
- We will continue online Sunday services as we did this past Sunday – We ask that you host watch parties, gather the family, share the live stream, and let’s have church in our homes if we need to! We will also work to get these on Youtube for those who don’t have Facebook.
- We will be hosting live stream times of prayer – Each Pastor will host one of these for the next two weeks Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 7 PM. This is to pray for our ministries, as well as general petitions that come in that evening. I will begin the prayer live stream this Friday at 7 PM. Join me!
- We want to do a worship session – We are worshipping church and will continue worshipping via live stream
- Youth Pastors/Leaders will continue to engage youth group via social media
- Spanish Ministry Classes – Have plans to continue prayer and devotionals remotely
- Pneuma Kids will send their usual class materials and activities on Sundays for parents to work on it with them – We are going to encourage all parents to spend some time with their kids doing devos. Kids will not get as much from online church as adults will, so parents will really need to BE the church to their kids
We know this isn’t normal, we know this isn’t the most convenient way of gathering, but we want to take the necessary precautions for the safety of our members. The majority of people and Pastors I have spoken to are in agreement with these measures that churches across the nation must take. These are not actions that weaken our faith in what God can do. Rather, they are wise and prudent steps we are taking in light of what God is doing through this situation.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your leaders or Pastors. We know God is going to make the church stronger when this is all over. In the meantime, we will continue BEING the church.
God bless you,
Pastor John Ryan Cantu